NEA-Retired provides retired members with the dignity that comes with being a part of an active, and still growing, family of educators. It’s a great way to stay well informed on local, state and national developments affecting public schools and school employees; and to volunteer in civic and educational affairs.
Whether you will retire soon from your career in education or you have recently retired, your experience is valued as a member of NEA-Retired.
Benefits of Retired Membership
- Access to services that can be provided only by NEA-NM’s professional staff, including NEA-NM’s Attorney Referral Service
- Representation on the NEA-NM Board of Directors and NEA-NM EdPAC
- Stay involved in the political and legislative activities of NEA-NM
- Support lobbying issues that directly affect retirees and benefits
- Get involved in political efforts by reviewing records and offering advice on support for political candidates.
NEA-Retired members are also eligible to enroll in NEA’s Member Benefits program, which includes access to:
- NEA-Member Care Program
- Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
- Money Market and Certificate Deposit
- Homeowners and Renters Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Car Rental Discount Service
- National Credit Card Service
- Individual Retirement Account