NEA-Retired provides retired members with the dignity that comes with being a part of an active, and still growing, family of educators. It’s a great way to stay well informed on local, state and national developments affecting public schools and school employees, and to volunteer in civic and educational affairs.
Whether you will retire soon from your career in education or you have recently retired, your experience is valued as a member of NEA-Retired.
Benefits of Retired Membership
- Access to services that can be provided only by NEA-NM’s professional staff, including NEA-NM’s Attorney Referral Service
- Representation on the NEA-NM Board of Directors and NEA-NM EdPAC
- Stay involved in the political and legislative activities of NEA-NM
- Support lobbying issues that directly affect retirees and benefits
- Get involved in political efforts by reviewing records and offering advice on support for political candidates.
NEA-Retired members are also eligible to enroll in NEA’s Member Benefits program, which includes access to:
- NEA-Member Care Program
- Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
- Money Market and Certificate Deposit
- Homeowners and Renters Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Car Rental Discount Service
- National Credit Card Service
- Individual Retirement Account
Your NEA-NM Retired Leadership
► Rosalinda Carreón-Altamirano, President
► Cynthia Miranda, Vice President
► Ana Uranga, Secretary
SW – Ed Frank
NE/NC — Mary Howard
Central – Bobbie Stratton
SE – Dora Martinez
NW – James Conyers
NEA-NM Board of Directors Members Representing Retired
Alternates to the NEA-NM Board of Directors
NEA-NM EdPAC Committee Members Representing Retired
Mary Lou Cameron
Alternates to the NEA-NM EdPAC Committee
Questions about your retiree benefits?
First, try contacting the New Mexico Retiree Health Care Authority at 1-800-233-2576. If you have further questions contact your Retired President, Rosalinda at 575-642-3129.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 30, 2024
Alliance for Retired Americans Endorses President Joe Biden
The following is a statement from Biden-Harris 2024 Campaign Manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez:
“As a kid from Scranton, President Biden wakes up every day working hard to make life better for working people, and that includes delivering on a deeply held commitment to care for America’s seniors. From capping the cost of insulin at $35 for seniors and allowing Medicare to negotiate for lower prescription drug prices, to preventing drastic cuts to the hard-earned pensions of millions of union workers and retirees by securing the Butch Lewis Act, and cracking down on the junk fees that are chipping away at Americans’ retirement savings, President Biden is fighting and delivering for America’s seniors. And when it comes to Donald Trump and extreme MAGA Republicans’ attacks on Social Security and Medicare, President Biden won’t just fight back against them; he’s working to strengthen these programs in the process. The more than 4 million members of the Alliance of Retired Americans will be critical to a win in November, and President Biden is honored to have earned their support.”
Contact: David Blank, 202/637-5275 or [email protected]